Insurance Claim Lawyers Specializing in Wind Damage
Throughout the Southern United States, many areas are especially prone to high winds. There are many different types of wind-related weather events that may be common in any region. Typically, the Beaumont and Gulf Coast are prone to winds that accompany hurricanes, strong storms, and tornadoes.
Regardless of the cause of the high winds, damage from storm related winds can be very costly. Strong winds rarely destroy or level buildings, but that doesn’t make their destruction any easier for property owners following unexpected losses due to a storm. There is a range of possible damages after high winds, including:
- Damaged vehicles
- Damaged HVAC systems, pipes, and skylights
- Damaged roofing
- Broken windows
- Damage to siding and exteriors
If your property has suffered from wind damage, you need to take action to ensure you fully recover from your property losses. Don’t allow your insurance company to deny the claim for compensation you are entitled to receive. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience fighting insurance companies.
Contact the experienced wind damage insurance claim liability lawyers at Byrd Ramsey at 409-202-2020 today for assistance defending your policyholder rights.
Common Difficulties with Wind Insurance Claims
Filing a claim for lost shingles or a few broken windows may seem like a simple process, and sometimes it is. Unfortunately, many property owners struggle to get a fair settlement from the insurance company. Potential problems with windstorm insurance claims include:
- Overlooking less severe or more severe damages while assessing the most apparent losses.
- Claims that involve multiple parties and insurance companies.
- Rushed or incomplete damage assessments.
- Unfair delays in resolution of a claim.
- Claims that the property damage was preexisting and not caused by the high winds.
- Claims that problems with maintenance led to the damage.
- Disagreements over the repair and replacement costs.
- Claim denials and coverage surprises.
- Underpayments for wind losses.
Although these types of issues are common, insurance companies often use them as an excuse to deny legitimate wind-loss claims. Regardless, that doesn’t mean you should give up or accept less than the value of your claim. If you feel you’ve been mistreated or your rights have been violated, an experienced wind damage insurance claim liability attorney can help.
Get Help Today from an Experienced Wind Damage Insurance Claim Liability Lawyer
Contact Byrd Ramsey today if you’ve suffered damage to your home or business from a windstorm. An experienced attorney can help make sure that you get the fair treatment you deserve and can account for all your losses. To discuss your concerns, contact us today to schedule a free case review, call 409-202-2020 or contact us online.